Rev. Dr. Rick Calhoun
District Governor 6SE
Lions Clubs International
Service. Everywhere. Everyday.
President – Rick Calhoun
1st Vice President – Cathy Valenzuela
Please Help Support the Museum
Your gift to the Pueblo Heritage Museum ensures that we can continue to tell the story of our history to Pueblo’s residents, tourists and future generations.
Pueblo Charter Lions Club
Pueblo Charter Lions Club Mission Statement
The Pueblo Charter Lions Club is a service organization chartered in 1917 by The International Association of Lions Clubs. The purposes and objects of The Pueblo Charter Lions Club as articulated in the Club Constitution and By Laws are as follows:
- To create and foster a spirit of understanding among people of the world.
- To promote the theory and practice of the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- To take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- To unite the members in bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- To encourage service-minded persons to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
The primary mission of The Pueblo Charter Lions Club is to promote sight conservation within the community of school age children. The club accomplishes this mission by conducting various fund raising activities. The funds that are raised are used to provide eye examinations and eyeglasses for underprivileged children in Pueblo as well as conducting vision screenings of children through a Lions Clubs International endorsed program called KidSight. The Pueblo Charter Lions Club also participates in a variety of other sight conservation projects endorsed and sponsored by Lions Clubs International and the Colorado Lions Clubs association.